Hi there! I’m sort of new to this whole blogging thing, and so far most of my posts have been for sharing my photography sessions, but I thought I could/should share a little bit about myself! A little getting to know your photographer kind of thing. So here are 10 facts about … me!!
1. I am a mom of 2, and both of my children are differently abled. Henry, 7 has Autism and Lucie has Down syndrome. This was not the life I had originally envisioned for myself, but I wouldn’t trade it for all the riches in the world.
2. I’m originally from California, and have moved back and forth between CA and Utah a lot, but I now consider Utah to be my home. I’ve even grown to love our snowy winters and to, well, tolerate the hot summers.
3. I never really considered myself an artist, but have come to realize I have always had a creative outlet of some form or another and I have been interested in photography since I was a little kid. I used to be a big scrapbooker and that segued into improving my photo skills and eventually doing photography predominately.
4. Speaking of scrapbooking, it was more than just a hobby for me. I had the opportunity to be featured in several publications and consumer and manufacturers’ websites. It was always the biggest honor to be chosen and still something I’m super proud of.
5. I love animals. Pretty much any and all animals but I do have my favorites.
6. I am a pen snob.
7. I am and have always been obsessed with all things girly. Collecting girly things like makeup, nails, hair accessories etc is something that just makes me happy. Even if I don’t use them often- just looking at them brings me joy.
8. I used to be a 100% summer, sun and warmth girl. Being from California I lived for that summer heat and all the fun that came with it. In recent years I have grown to really dislike the summer. Nothing sounds better to me than a cold, snowy day with me warm inside in a soft fuzzy blanket, holding a hot cup of coffee and a book while watching the snow fall.
9. I consider myself an introvert and a little bit (or a lot) socially awkward. Maybe not the best qualities for a family photographer but I think my strengths in capturing a beautiful photo even in adverse conditions more than makes up for it.
10. I met my husband in March of 2013. We had a very fast, very whirlwind romance! We were expecting Henry about a month after meeting! We got married when Henry was 4 months old, and were blessed with Lucie a little over a year later! We’re about to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary!
So now that you know me a little better… why don’t you hit subscribe so you can get all of my blog posts?! I have some fun things planned in the coming weeks including some changes to Heather Holbrook Photography!!